Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Verizon Wishes Me Well

So, two years ago I signed up for Verizon Wireless (go me). Everyone talked about how great they were, and still are. So I figured, why not? June 1 my bill ended this year and since I switched to T-Mobile I decided not to renew my bill.

June 1st came and went and I received a bill. I thought nothing odd and paid it as it was May-June. I wake up today and there is yet, another bill. So I call.

I guess unlike other people I didn't know about the calling in to cancel service since my bill didn't say anything and not even my contract said I needed to call in. Silly me.

So anyway, I call. First lady tells me I need to pay a cancellation fee. I call bullshit and ask to talk to her supervisor. Supervisor comes on, she talks about me downgrading my phone I say no and then she
also says I need to pay a cancellation fee. Now I'm pissed and cuss her out. I then ask to speak to whoever is above her. Some other lady gets on the phone and blahblahblah cancellation fee blahblahblah plus this bill and the next bill you receive will have to be paid. Now I'm really pissed. I calm myself down, tell her to have a nice day, hang up and now I'm preparing myself to deal with this.

Issue is, I'm not currently working. I'm paying my T-Mobile bill, my Verizon bill (now), and my loans back. I wont be leaving until September so I'm in an odd situation. But I still need to turn my T-Mobile bill off before I go. This is crazy.

[Sidenote] Just called back and they are making me pay Jun-July and July-August. Apparently, I am just too stupid to see that I was supposed to call.

No comments: